During the 10-week contest, UC faculty, staff and students will be challenged to take steps to reduce their carbon footprints using an online tool to track their activity and earn points for their campus. Show how cool you can be all by yourself, or form teams among your friends, colleagues, and roommates.
Here’s what you can do to be an important part of the Cool Campus Challenge (#UCool):
- Sign up and take the Challenge: http://www.coolcampuschallenge.org. Then invite your colleagues to do the same.
- Better yet, create a team so you can earn points together.
- Share this email with staff, students and colleagues.
- Send an announcement to campus listservs you’re on.
- Share your profile, the sign-up link, pledge you’re taking, etc., online with the Challenge hashtag: #UCool.
- Faculty, have your students take the Challenge as extra credit.
Once you sign up you will be given a variety of ways to learn more about your carbon footprint and to pledge to numerous actions that have a direct impact on reducing energy use. Each week, there will be a highlight for important theme along with suggested actions (or pledges) you can take that will either directly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and/or increase education and awareness about climate disruption.
For every action you take, you’ll earn valuable points for our campus that will enter you in a raffle to win cool, energy efficient prizes. You can also earn “bonus points” for completing the action within a specified time period or for taking new and creative actions that aren’t yet on the pledge list.
Find out more and sign up to compete on the Cool Campus Challenge website.
To help spread the word, share this article. We have 10 years to be carbon neutral and we can’t be carbon neutral without you.