All 10 UC campuses have been hosting these charrettes to support the achievement of President Napolitano’s ground-breaking goal of reaching Carbon Neutrality by 2025. The purpose of this workshop was to engage key academic, administrative, and operational leadership in order to start developing a cohesive vision towards achieving this ambitious goal. Nearly 40 UCSC staff, administrators, faculty, and students attended the charrette on April 14th.
Goals for the UCSC charrette included the following:
- Facilitate individual campus efforts towards carbon neutrality
- Leverage, support, and expand existing campus-level carbon neutrality efforts
- Align carbon neutrality efforts and collaboration between campuses, the U.C. Office of the President, and the U.C. Carbon Neutrality
- Create a carbon neutrality vision statement
- Identify key strategies and next steps for carbon neutrality at the campus level and across the UC system
- Draft a vision statement
- Draft a list of strategies
- Develop an initial implementation approach
The UCSC Campus Snapshot that was presented at this event is available online here. A report from this event is currently being developed and will be available soon. For more information, please contact Climate Action Manager Chrissy Thomure.