- 2000 levels by the year 2014
- 1990 levels by 2020
- 80% below 1990 levels by 2050
So what can you do to help the UCSC community to reduce GHG emissions?
Remember that little daily actions can go a long way and help our campus meet these goals. Some simple suggestions are:
1) Are you a single-occupancy driver? Instead take public transportation to reduce emissions, or ride your bike to not use any GHGs. For bike shuttle times click here.
2) Reduce your shower time and make sure you are turning off the water when brushing your teeth.
3) Did you know if you use 5 plastic bags when shopping - you are emitting approx. 2.5 lbs of CO2
It just makes sense to bring a reusable bag.
There are tons of easy things you can do each day to cut back on those carbon emissions - be aware and implement new behavior changes into your daily life and the lives of those around you!
Climate Action Team: Rielle Indya Green & Camille Carrillo