|Chancellor Blumenthal with Alexandra Villegas after signing the UCSC Real Food Campus Commitment|
- UCSC Graduate Quoted about Real Food Campaign: UC Santa Cruz graduate Alexandra Villegas ('12) was quoted in a Yahoo! News article about the Real Food Campaign. "As a senior at the University of California Santa Cruz, Villegas successfully lobbied her dining director and administrators to commit to procuring 40 percent real food by 2020. The school's chancellor signed the commitment in February." She also led the effort that started Farm Fridays in the dining halls. Nice work, Alexandra!
- Harvesting a Climate Disaster: The Farm Bill Should Help the Planet, Not Just Crops
- Ending Its Summer Melt, Arctic Sea Ice Sets a New Low That Leads to Warnings
- Newest Issue of Our University, featuring news from the University of California
- Schlanger Fellowship supports research on Arctic climate change
- Van Jones video on why sustainability relates to social justice (below)