Organization/Agency: Ecology Action
Supervisor/Sponsor: Emily Gomez
Sponsor Title: Program Specialist, Sustainable Transportation Division
Address: 877 Cedar Street, Suite 240, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Email: egomez [at] ecoact [dot] org
Who We Are:
Ecology Action is a Santa Cruz based non-profit who has been a leader for over 40 years in empowering individuals, businesses, and communities to take actions today that achieve environmental and economic sustainability. Ecology Action’s Sustainable Transportation Division runs numerous well-known community programs including Bike To Work/School events, youth bike programs, electric vehicle public workshops, and other sustainable transportation education and outreach programs. We are currently looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our fun and dynamic team!
Ecology Action’s Sustainable Transportation Division is in need of a dedicated intern to help promote active forms of transportation that represent healthier and greener options. This intern position would work most closely with Emily Gomez to develop education and outreach materials, assist with our countywide Bike To Work/School program (with upwards of 7,000 participants), help organize youth bike events such as monthly Bike/Walk to School programs at elementary and middle schools throughout Santa Cruz County, and help organize community workshops to educate people about alternative transportation options.
Primary Intern Responsibilities:
- Help coordinate volunteers and event logistics for Bike to Work/School Days
- Assist with the creation of education materials such as flyers and event posters
- Conduct community outreach at various events such as Farmers Markets and other community events to help promote programs and advocacy campaigns
- Maintain online social media event pages
- Support staff at community workshops and forums
- Various other tasks related to Sustainable Transportation topics and programs
Hours and Duration:
Part-time, approximately 6-12 hours per week, occasional early mornings and weekend days. Intern support needed for Fall, Winter and Spring quarters. Ecology Action is most in need of intern support from August-November and March through June so those that are available during this time frame will be given priority.
- Interest and experience in education and community outreach to youth and/or the general public
- Interest in promoting sustainable and active transportation • Energetic, helpful and positive attitude
- Ability to communicate professionally, both in writing and orally • Thorough and detail-oriented
- Computer skills: Competence in Microsoft Word and Excel, web browsers, email and graphics programs
Thank you for your interest in joining our dynamic team here at Ecology Action. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information or to contact staff regarding this internship opportunity please contact Emily Gomez, Program Specialist, Sustainable Transportation Division email@example.com or 831-515-1328.