- Plan ahead: Instead of recycling cardboard boxes and discarding supplies, keep them available for when you are packing up your room during move-out
- Participate in the Santa Cruz Citywide Garage Sale on June 3rd & 4th. Register for the Garage Sale.
- Sell or Donate unwanted possessions: Create sell and give away boxes while packing. Use Freestyle Santa Cruz, Craigslist Santa Cruz and other online resources. Drop off bigger give away items (ie refrigerators, couches, chairs) at the Mission Street Goodwill Drop-off location or at other donation locations.
- Use Social Media outlets: Post your selling and give away items on the UCSC Free & For Sale Facebook page, NextDoor Santa Cruz and others like it.
- Know your waste: Educate yourself on what goes in the recycling, compost, and landfill containers on campus to avoid contaminating waste streams
- Get involved in Move-Out Programs: Sign up for the UCSC off Campus Move Out for those who live off campus
- Check out City of Santa Cruz Guidelines for a smooth Move-Out
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
June 2017: Green Move-Out
It's hard to believe that we are entering the end of another school year. For many of us, that means it is time to begin moving out of our school-time residences. Move out at UCSC can be a hectic and wasteful time. Here are some tips for how to make your move-out experience as sustainable as possible!