Pages

Connect With Us!

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

May 2018: Thank you Seniors!

Each month, our newsletter features a person or a group on campus that is working towards a more sustainable world; however, this month we would like to congratulate our hard-working Seniors.They have worked extremely hard to get to where they are now. The Sustainability Office appreciates and congratulates the class of 2018. Here is what they are doing after graduation.

-Natalie Hazrati, Carbon Fund Coordinator
How will you be promoting sustainability in your upcoming years?
"I hope to have a career that focuses on achieving sustainable development, with hopes to help build a more equitable society and protect our planet. Additionally, I plan to continue having a sustainable lifestyle, as well as educate future people I meet about how they can adopt eco friendly practices on a day to day basis." -Natalie Hazrati, Carbon Fund Coordinator
What are you planning to do after college?  
"I plan to travel for a bit after graduation to reconnect with friends and family. I am also applying to jobs, so hopefully when I get back I will have a job in the environmental industry." -Natalie Hazrati, Carbon Fund Coordinator  
How will you be promoting sustainability in your upcoming years?
"In my upcoming years, I plan to hope to inspire others through living a sustainable life myself. I think being 'sustainable' can be daunting, because people assume it's an 'all-or-nothing' kind of choice. I hope to be able to promote sustainable living and sustainable habits by encouraging others to make small shifts in their own lives (if they are able to) without the feeling that it needs to be an extreme change." - Talia Gnessin, Carbon Fund Coordinator 
Talia Gnessin, Carbon Fund Coordinator

What are you planning to do after college? 
"I am not 100% certain on exactly where I will be and what I will be doing, but I plan on working for companies and/or organizations that have values centered around sustaining our various environments through green and efficient ways. I also hope to always be around people that are able to be silly." Talia Gnessin, Carbon Fund Coordinator
What are you planning to do after college?
Olivia Wolf, Education and Outreach Team Leader
"After I graduate I hope to spend some time traveling and learning about other countries perspectives and policies regarding sustainability while having fun new experiences. Eventually, I hope to work somewhere where I can be apart of a team that works towards protecting our environment and it’s natural resources." - Olivia Wolf, Education and Outreach Team Leader


No comments: