Highlights from the report include:
- According to the most recent census data, the City of Santa Cruz ranked second in California for bike to work trips, ahead of San Francisco, Palo Alto and Berkeley.
- There were nine organizations that did some kind of cycling education and together they reached more than 5,000 youth and adults in Santa Cruz County.
- Bike industry in Santa Cruz County was estimated to generate more than $800M and employ more than 1,000 people.
- Revenue-generating bike events raised nearly $300K and drew more than 13,000 participants.
- We saw tremendous wins for advocacy and new bike infrastructure, including the first green lane treatments in the County, the first two segments of the Soquel Demonstration Forest Flow Trail completed, and the completion of the Arana Gulch Trail.
Check out the full report here.