- Learning how to build and install a rainwater catchment system?
- Sequestering energy for the grid from algae?
- Creating a digital media platform to change Boardwalk consumer habits?
- Installing an electric vehicle charging station on the Wharf?
- Filming and editing a documentary about local sustainability initiatives?
- Working with local businesses to reduce their carbon footprint?
Impact Designs: Engineering and Sustainability through Student Service is a new team-based internship program on campus designed to create opportunities for students to work on local (primarily off-campus) sustainability challenges with community partners or industry sponsors.
Apply Now by Clicking Here! Applications to be considered for enrollment in Fall 2012 are due Wednesday, June 20!
IDEASS offers a unique college experience. Students spend minimal time in the classroom, putting the majority of their effort into realizing project deliverables in the field. This is an opportunity for undergraduates approaching graduation to transition into the emerging green-technology workforce. Multiple IDEASS students graduating in 2012 are entertaining or have already accepted job offers resulting from their achievements working on an IDEASS project.
|Santa Cruz Wharf Wind Turbine Project|
Visit the Project Clearinghouse and search for IDEASS to view examples of completed and active IDEASS projects. Click here to read a student testimonial about an IDEASS project taking place in Porter College!