Pages

Connect With Us!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Friendly Transportation Reminder

Over the weekend I took advantage of free parking in Core West parking structure. On Monday I received a note under my windshield wiper requesting a $35 donation within the next 21 days to support the Bike Shuttle and Vanpool programs. These alternative transportation methods have enabled members of the UCSC community to travel without depending upon personal vehicles. I am happy to comply and contribute my spare cash. But I do not plan on forgetting to move my vehicle out of Core West parking lot once the free weekend parking has expired.

So next time you get a parking ticket on campus remember that your contribution is going to help our community become less reliant upon personal vehicles.

Brenden Fant
Student Environmental Center: Transportation Campaign
IDEASS: Bicycle Transit Planning Team
Transportation Advisory Committee

No comments: