Are you a student looking to make a difference on campus while gaining professional experience? Are you a staff member who would like assistance on your sustainability-related project? If so, consider applying for the Provost’s Sustainability Internship Program!
Student Intern applications and Staff Mentor applications are available online and are due March 15, 2013.
- Life Cycle Cost analysis tool for purchased products (2012-13)
- Greenwashing education program for campus buyers (2011-12)
|2011-2012 Purchasing Intern Melina Meseroll and her Staff Mentor Kate Cunningham|
- Developing a green revolving loan fund for emissions reductions projects (2012-13)
- Reusable Dishware pilot project for campus events (2012-13)
- Waste reduction at College 9, 10, and Crown Colleges (2012-13)
- Paper towel removal pilot project at Stevenson College (2011-12)
- Compost education program at Family Student Housing (2011-12)
Stevenson students with their personal hand towels to replace the wasteful use of paper towels in the dorms. This project was a collaboration with Path to a Greener Stevenson (PTAGS).
- LEED accreditation and documentation for campus building projects (2011-12)
- Green demonstration apartment at College 8 (2010-11)
- Cowell Health Center Green building exhibit (2010-11)
- Stewardship of campus trails through education and outreach (2012-13)
- Invasive species mapping (2011-12)
- Ending the sale of plastic water bottles on campus (2010-11)
- Sustainable seafood guide and increasing sustainable seafood in dining (2012-13)
- Developing Real Food Calculator to reach 40% Real Food Commitment by 2020 (2012-13)
- College Gardens Assessment (2012-13)
- Stevenson College Garden Internship Program development (2012-13)