These announcements were written by various organizations and students on a community announcement board during our 5th Annual Sustainability Inter-Organizational Retreat.
- Gaia Magazine is accepting student submissions of articles, photos, recipes, and more for our Spring 2015 publication! The theme this year is environmental justice and social change. Please submit your work to gaiamagazine [at] gmail [dot] com by 1/31 - we want to showcase your work!
- Banana Slugs for Animals welcomes all to our weekly meetings. During our meetings we discuss Animal rights and plan events! We will be having a film screening of "Earthlings" (Date and time TBD). If you would like to know more please email us at slugsforanimals [at] gmail [dot] com. We can add you to our emailing list! Yay!
- Program in Community and Agroecology (PICA) Workdays are starting Saturday, January 17. Join in for gardening and a free lunch! They will be every Saturday 10-2pm in the A-quad in the village.
- Mixed Ethnicities Student Headquarters (MESH) meets every Thursday at 5pm in the Redwood Lounge (e^2). For more information, email mesh.represent [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Education for Sustainable Living Program: Are you interested in social justice, food systems, renewable energy or any other Blueprint for a Sustainable Campus topics? Take the ESLP class for 2 or 5 units next quarter! Designed and led by undergraduate students. Go to eslp.enviroslug.org to learn more about class offerings and how to enroll.
- Circus Slugs: throw a juggle jam every Thursday at 2pm on the Porter quad! All levels are welcome.
- College 8 Earth Week Team: Interested in facilitating an event? We are looking to collaborate with various organizations for Earth Week 2015 (the week of Earth Day). This year's theme is "Your Plate: The effect your food choices have on you and the world around you". Questions? Contact Derek Dean at drdean [at] ucsc [dot] edu.
- Come to the Earth Summit Forums happening every Wednesday from 5-8pm in the College 8 Red Room! Join in and learn, discuss, and plan about super important social and environmental topics! (FREE FOOD!)
- Interested in sustainability, films, and social justice? The 50th Anniversary Sustainability Film Festival Planning Committee is seeking input and ideas from throughout campus. The film festival will take place in fall 2015, but planning begins now! Please email Melissa at mott [at] ucsc [dot] edu to learn more and get involved.